Electrical Systems Design Engineer, 1 to 5 Yrs. Experience
An immediate opportunity exists for a hands-on candidate with strong technical and communication skills to support product development and drive continuous improvement activities. This position will require working in and fostering a strong team environment while providing subject matter expert support as an Electrical Engineer across a broad range of competencies.
About the Position
The ideal candidate should have experience with the specification, design, and test of electrical components and equipment for medium to large electromechanical systems and a working knowledge of quality management systems for product manufacture.
Does This Sound Like You?
We're always looking for qualified candidates to help elevate Proton OnSite to the next level.
- Develop effective, compliant solutions to address product needs through thorough evaluation of requirements
- Evaluate the suitability of electrical products and components for their integration into an overall system
- Verify system and component capability by developing and implementing robust testing methods
- Create and maintain production documentation
- Participate in cross functional project teams and execute individual project tasks
- Work closely with the Manufacturing team on the development of new products, process improvements and product quality discrepancies
- Work with outside vendors/suppliers to create sub-assemblies (harnesses and panels) in support of production
- Provide technical assistance to the Service Department as required for the resolution of customer field issues
- Effectively apply Quality Continuous Improvement Tools and Lean Principles
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- B.S. Degree in Electrical Engineering with 1-5 years of relevant experience
- Motivated self-starter with a high level of initiative and creative approaches to problem solving
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill
- Strong organizational skills and ability to balance multiple tasks
- Capable of working well in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Willingness and ability to learn
- Able to travel (<10%) as needed
Education and/or Experience:
- BS/MS Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Experience working in a commercial / industrial product development environment is preferred
Skills and Experience should include the following:
- Commercial product development experience (consumer or industrial), cost reduction initiatives
- Working knowledge, familiarity, and application of NEC, IEC, ISO Codes and Standards
- Working knowledge and application of voltage ranges from 480VAC to 24VDC, including Low Voltage Power
- Siemens PLC development experience preferred (Allen Bradley, others considered)
- Experience identifying, selecting, and validating various sensors
- Resolving internal or supplier production quality issues using root cause corrective action tools
- Adaptable with ability to manage changing priorities
- Use of or familiarity with implementation of Statistical Process Control, Process Certification
- Demonstrated hands on implementation of Continuous Improvement and Lean Tools
- Excellent communication skills
The above statements reflect the principal functions of the position, and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, and individuals with disabilities, including “disabled Veterans” or Veterans with service-connected disabilities, are encouraged to apply.
Proton OnSite has a published Code of Conduct that all employees are expected to follow.
Please note, we are not able to sponsor visas.
Due to the high volume of resumes we receive, we are not able to respond personally to every application. However, we do review every resume, and will be sure to contact you if we think there is a possible fit.