An immediate opportunity exists for a Quality Manager who will have the responsibility of leading the organization, ensuring our products are consistently delivered to the customers’ expectations.
About the Position
This position will be responsible for developing a strong quality culture throughout the entire value stream. Specific activities will be leading and managing Proton’s Quality Management System, focusing on zero defects and coaching the organization on continuous improvement activities to increase operational efficiency. This position requires good communication and organization skills, along with demonstrated experience as a quality practitioner with a strong culture quality mindset.
Does This Sound Like You?
We're always looking for qualified candidates to help elevate Proton OnSite to the next level.
Responsibilities will include:
- Lead and manage Proton’s Quality Management System (QMS).
- Conduct periodic top management review meetings to report on the performance of the QMS (e.g., results of quality audits, corrective actions).
- Ensure the organization’s Quality Management System and products conform to the Customer, ISO 9001 standard, and regulatory/legal requirements.
- Act as a point of contact for all external quality-related activities and communications.
- Manage the following processes: Receiving and Final Inspection of parts and products, Return Material Authorization (RMA), Metrology, Non-Conforming Material and Corrective Action (CAR).
- Lead continuous improvements activities and mentor/train associates in the use of quality tools.
- Monitor existing supplier quality metrics and manage the qualification of new suppliers.
- Identify and plan resource and equipment requirements to achieve the business quality objectives.
- Measure, monitor and review of internal processes, especially those that affect the quality of the organization’s products.
- Track, record and maintain quality assurance data.
- Ensure compliance with all Environment Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Mentor and train on the use of statistical analysis tools.
7+ years of relevant experience
Ability to travel as needed to supplier sites (20-40%)
The job is normally performed indoors, in both office and factory settings.
BS Degree in Engineering
Certified Manager of Quality/Organizational Excellence (Preferred)
Skills and Experience should include the following:
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Demonstrated strong organizational skills
Ability to work well in a multi-disciplinary team environment
Rapid resolution of internal or supplier-related quality issues
Practitioner of Continuous Improvement and Lean Tools (i.e., Six Sigma)
Computer skills including MS Office Tools, Epicor® Vantage ERP System, Minitab
In depth understanding of quality control procedures and relevant legal standards
Excellent math skills and working knowledge of data analysis/statistical methods
Proficient with precision measuring tools and equipment
Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
Demonstrated organizational implementation to ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 9001:2015 standards.
The above statements reflect the principal functions of the position and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
Proton will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided.
Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, and individuals with disabilities, including “disabled Veterans” or Veterans with service-connected disabilities, are encouraged to apply.
Proton OnSite has a published Code of Conduct that all employees are expected to follow.
Due to the high volume of resumes we receive, we are not able to respond personally to every application. However, we do review every resume, and will be sure to contact you if we think there is a possible fit.